[July 13, 2016] What's New in Media Shuttle
We are pleased to announce the release of Signiant App v1.3! This update provides a number of features and improvements, including:
- Auto Delivery Improvements – Incremental Download: An update to the Signiant App ensures that only new and/or changed files are downloaded.
The Signiant App can easily and intelligently monitor a Media Shuttle end user’s source home folder to ensure that only new and/or changed files are downloaded. This prevents duplicate downloads and now supports ingest workflows where the files are immediately moved out of the download location.
To learn more about Auto Delivery, read Why Use Media Shuttle's Auto Delivery Feature?.
- Auto Delivery Improvements – SAML Authentication Support: An update to the Signiant App allows Media Shuttle end users to use Auto Delivery with their corporate logon credentials.
The restriction on SAML authenticated portals has been removed. This gives you more freedom and flexibility on how you manage and control end user logins.
- Auto Delivery Improvements – Object-Based Cloud Storage: An update to the Signiant App allows Media Shuttle end users to use Auto Delivery with your company's public cloud object storage (for example, Amazon S3 or Azure Blob storage).
When your portal is configured to use object-based cloud storage, you must configure the end user’s home folder to be a folder other than Portal Root.
- UI Improvements - Open Destination Folder: An update to the Signiant App makes it more convenient to find recently downloaded files.
To make it easy for Media Shuttle end users to find their downloaded files, an Open button has been added to the Send and Share portal download interfaces.
- UI Improvements – Signiant App Consolidation: Interactive and Auto Delivery transfers are enabled with a single Signiant App.
The Signiant App consolidation, makes it easier for administrators to manage the Signiant App and to answer any questions about web browser and operating system support.
Administrators will want to read Media Shuttle Administrator Signiant App and Auto Delivery FAQs.