Effective Date: April 22, 2022
Affected Signiant Product(s): Jet, Media Shuttle
Affected Item(s): SDCX Server software v4.x
What is changing?
Signiant is retiring version 4.x of the SDCX server.
How does this change affect me?
When an SDCX software version is retired, this means that:
- No new features or software updates will be released for SDCX version 4.x after April 22, 2022.
- Critical security updates will continue to be provided until January 23, 2023.
- No further software updates of any kind will be provided after January 23, 2023.
- As per the Signiant Maintenance agreement, customers who are not using supported versions of the SDCX software will receive “best effort” support, and are strongly encouraged to upgrade to maintain continuity of service.
Is there anything I need to do or change at my end?
Check which version of SDCX Server software you are using for your local storage server. If you are using one of the affected versions, you must upgrade to a supported SDCX version before January 23, 2023.
Upgrading your SDCX server on a regular basis will ensure that you receive access to new features and key product updates, including important security updates.
- Ensure that your servers meet the system requirements for the version of SDCX Server software you are upgrading to.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to upgrade your SDCX server, see the Signiant Help Center’s article on Upgrading Storage Servers.
- If you need additional assistance with your SDCX upgrade, please contact Signiant Customer Support.
What version of SDCX software should I upgrade to?
We recommend that you upgrade to the most recent version of SDCX software, which is version 5.1.
This version includes the following:
- New Functionality: Version 5.1 of the SDCX Server adds support for RHEL 8 compatible operating systems.
- Product Updates: SDCX Server version 5.1 also includes system & security updates as well as bug fixes for Media Shuttle.
For more details, see the Help Center’s SDCX Server Release Notes.
Where can I find more information on Signiant’s product & services lifecycle support?
For more details, see the Product & Technology Support Lifecycle page on our Customer Support site.